Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gotta Lovett!

When one of my favorite watercolorists was asked "how to you decide what to paint", John Lovett answered in several ways, one of which is to go back to one of your last paintings that you were happy with and think of it as one in a series. So as I still ponder what to paint next since I've been off of painting for a couple months, I think of two paintings I did last year that I was really proud of. Maybe sharing them here will inspire me to indeed, make one of them into some sort of "first" in a series.

The first image I'll share is of "Beth's Flowering Plum", an original oil on canvas painted from an original photo........maybe the first in a series of flowers with water droplets?

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely go for a series. What's next? You hadn't painted but, what?? one other painting before you did this from your own photo.....! Keep going Nanc!

    ReplyDelete